Payment or Subscription Failing
When trying to sign-up or renew your subscription, your credit card card details can fail for the following reasons:
- Incorrect billing address, expiry date, or auth code
- Insufficient funds
- Card type: Debit cards, (even if it has the Visa Electron, Mastercard, or other logo on the front), usually don't work for online payments. (If you're using a Portuguese card, you can set up MBWay, which allows you to generate different card numbers for one-time use. This is an excellent, secure solution. If you're in another European country besides Portugal, there may be a similar service that allows you to generate these one-off virtual credit cards.)
- Bank security settings: As a precaution, your card's security settings can block transactions (like ours) that originate from within Europe. While this can sometimes be helpful, it can get in the way when you do actually intend to make a purchase.
- Even if your card is of Portuguese or European origin, your bank may still block automatically renewing subscriptions.
- Sometimes members have success with just refreshing the registration page to try again.
- In most cases, we are unable to pinpoint the exact reason why your payment failed with the limited information that our payment provider (Stripe) is given from the banks. But you should be able to call the support number on the back of your credit card and ask them to take a look at your account and recommend a solution.
- Still no luck? You can also sign-up using PayPal.
Thanks for your patience and especially for your support!
– Joel & Rui